- is the most popular open source database. Its speed, scalability and
reliability make it the right choice for corporate IT departments, Web
developers and packaged software vendors.
- is a sophisticated Object-Relational DBMS, supporting almost all SQL
constructs, including subselects, transactions, and user-defined types
- is intended to handle the adminstration of MySQL over the web.
- is a small C library that implements a self- contained, embeddable,
zero-configuration SQL database engine.
- is a graphical front-end for PostgreSQL, MySQL and SQLite. It
provides an easy interface to write and run SQL queries.
- is a Web interface between the WWW and PostgresSQL, Oracle or mySQL
which provides simple access to any existing database within just a few
|[MaxDB by MySQL]
- is a heavy-duty, SAP-certified open source database that offers high
availability, scalability and a comprehensive feature set. It is
targetted for large mySAP Business Suite environments and other
applications that require maximum enterprise-level database
functionality and complements the MySQL database server.
Database] - Simplifying everything from
installation to tuning and troubleshooting to backup and recovery, the
new release is packed with features designed to make the DBA's job
easier, either by completely automating tasks or by transferring
control of important functions to the server.
DB] - "The FREE Enterprise Open Source Database".
- "The powerful easy to use SQL database".
- is a high-performance, cross-platform, SQL standards--compliant
relational database. It combines ease of use, low maintenance costs,
and enterprise power. Certified by Borland, InterBase provides the
flexibility required for Internet, mobile, and embedded database
- is a relational database offering many ANSI SQL-92 features. Firebird
offers excellent concurrency, high performance, and powerful language
support for stored procedures and triggers.
- IBM DB2 Universal Database (UDB) offers industry-
leading database performance, as highlighted in recent TPC-C and TPC-H
benchmarks, while helping customers simplify and automate many of the
tasks associated with deploying databases.
Cloudscape] - is a pure, open source- based Java
relational database management system that can be embedded in Java
programs and used for online transaction processing (OLTP).
- "is a copy-lefted, open-sourced SQL database tool. My goal is to
write a very graphical, clean, consistent, modularized front end to
various (currently opensourced) SQL servers".
- is an open specification for providing application developers with a
predictable API with which to access Data Sources. Data Sources include
SQL Servers and any Data Source with an ODBC Driver.
Utils] - are powerful data management utilities for
MySQL Server, which make your work with the server much easier and
- is a cross-platform database visualization and management tool which
entirely relies on the JDBC, Java Database Connectivity APIs.
- is an acronym for "Quick and Dirty DataBase", largely due to its
origin. Qddb was originally to be a quickly implemented efficient
database tool. Qddb is freely available under the GNU General Public
ASE] - Adaptive Server Enterprise for Linux is a
highly scalable, high-performance database engine that includes
standard features of Adaptive Server Enterprise and all related
- is a personal, programmable DBMS system in the style of Paradox or MS
Access. The system will be integrated into KOffice as a standard
version, and "pro" plug ins will be available for sale from [theKompany.com].
Tools project] - is an effort to document the MDB
file format used in MS Access database package, and to provide a set of
tools and applications to make that data available on other platforms.
- "Knorr's Datenbank"
is a database frontend for KDE. It is based on hk_classes and is
released under the GPL. Its driver concept allows a uniform connection
to different database servers (Dbase/Xbase, MS Access/Mdbtools, Mysql ,
Postgresql , SQLite or ODBC).