- "GNU Compiler Collection". Currently GCC contains front ends for C,
C++, Objective C, Fortran, Java, and Ada, as well as libraries for
these languages (libstdc++, libgcj,...).
- Perl is Open Source software. You can download it for free as a
source code or as a pre-compiled binary distribution.
- This page organizes final releases of Java Technology downloads by
Object Basic] - enables Visual Basic developers to
deploy their skills on Linux systems.
- is a rich development platform that supports rapid e-business
development with Web Services for the Linux platform. The Kylix CLX
component library, upon which Kylix applications are based, is dual
licensed under both the Borland proprietary license and the GPL Open
- Tcl Developer Xchange. Tcl (Tool Command Language) is easy to learn
and you can create a useful program in minutes! You are free to use it
however you wish, even in commercial applications. The Tcl/Tk download
ranges in size from 2 to 3.5 Megabytes.
- is a source code analysis tool. With it, you can edit your source
code, display relationships between classes and functions and members,
and display call trees. You can also build your projects, either with
your own makefile, or by using Source-Navigator's build system to
automatically generate a makefile.
- is a transaction-based software configuration management system. It
provides a framework within which a team of developers may work on many
changes to a program independently, and Aegis coordinates integrating
these changes back into the master source of the program, with as
little disruption as possible.
- is a C++ based Toolkit for developing Graphical User Interfaces
easily and effectively. It offers a wide, and growing, collection of
Controls, and provides state of the art facilities such as drag and
drop, selection, as well as OpenGL widgets for 3D graphical
- is an interpreter for the Scheme programming language, nicely
packaged as a library you can link into your programs. Your program has
full access to the interpreter's data structures, so you can extend
Guile with your own primitives, datatypes and syntax.
- is a documentation system for C++, C, Java, IDL (Corba, Microsoft,
and KDE-DCOP flavors) and to some extent PHP and C#. It can generate an
on-line class browser (in HTML) and/or an off-line reference manual (in
LATEX) from a set of documented source files. There is also support for
generating man pages and for converting the generated output into
Postscript, hyperlinked PDF or compressed HTML.
C Plus Plus (webcpp)] - is a command line utility
that takes your source code, and converts it into an HTML file using a
fully customizable syntax highlighting engine and colour schemes. This
is useful if you want to post your code online and make it easier to
read, or to make online programming tutorials.