- stands for DOS Emulation, and is a linux application that enables the
Linux OS to run many DOS programs - including some DPMI apps.
- is a free implementation of Windows on Unix. WineHQ is a collection
of resources for Wine developers and users.
Office] - allows you to install your favorite
Windows productivity applications (Microsoft Office 97/2000, Lotus
Notes) in Linux, without needing a Microsoft Operating System license. [list
of current supported applications].
|[WineX / Cedega]
- TransGaming is developing improvements to the Wine project to achieve
full Linux compatibility for games developed using the Microsoft
DirectX APIs. This project IS NOT licensed under an Open Source license.
- is a powerful virtual machine software. It runs multiple operating
systems, including MS Windows, Linux and Novell NetWare, simultaneously
on a single PC in fully networked, portable virtual machines.
- "Fastest Windows Operating Environment for Linux. Imagine running
your favorite Windows applications on the Linux operating system of
your choice, with no additional hardware and no need to dual boot".
- is capable of running most Operating Systems inside the emulation
including Linux, Windows 95, DOS, and recently Windows NT 4.
- is a portable emulator of ZX Spectrum 48K/128K/+3 and Spectrum
clones, for machines running UNIX and the X Window system.
- (emulated C64) is an emulator for the Commodore 64 written in x86
- has been rehashed/revitalized to offer a very lightweight Virtual
Machine (VM) for running Linux/x86.
- is a fast processor emulator using dynamic translation to achieve
good emulation speed. QEMU has two operating modes: Full
system emulation (QEMU emulates a full system) & User
mode emulation (QEMU can launch Linux processes compiled for
one CPU on another CPU).
GameBoy] - (VGB) is an emulator of the GameBoy videogame
console produced by Nintendo. It allows to run GameBoy games on PCs. It
can also help to debug GameBoy software without using a costly
II] - is an Open Source 68k Macintosh emulator. It
enables you to run 68k MacOS software on you computer, even if you are
using a different operating system.
- allows you to run Macintosh applications on the PC as well as read
and write Mac-formatted high-density floppies, Mac SCSI drives, Mac Zip
drives, Mac Jaz drives, and read Mac CDs.
- is an PowerPC platform emulator capable of running most PowerPC
- is a linux/ppc program which makes it possible to run Mac OS in
parallel with Linux..
Online - Category: Emulators] - Many Emulators.
Including short informations and the links to the download and
- The Linux Emulation Page. Arcade Emulators, Game Systems and Computer