- "GNU Image Manipulation Program". It is a freely distributed piece of
software suitable for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition
and image authoring.
- ("Film Gimp") is a free open source painting and image retouching
program designed to work best with 35mm film and other high resolution
high dynamic range images.
Plug-In Registry] - is a repository of optional
extensions for the GIMP.
- is a commandline screen capture util like "import", but using imlib2.
- the vector drawing program for the K Desktop Environment. The aim of
the KIllustrator project is the development of a freely available
vector-based drawing application similiar to Corel Draw or Adobe
- is a robust collection of tools and libraries offered under a usage
license to read, write, and manipulate an image in many image formats
(over 87 major formats). With ImageMagick you can create images
dynamically, making it suitable for Web applications.
- is a Free Software interactive vector drawing appliction. Known to
run on GNU/Linux and other UNIX- compatible systems, it is a flexible
and powerful tool for illustrations, diagrams and other purposes.
- is a vector-based drawing program, like Corel Draw or Adobe
Illustrator from the proprietary software world, and Sketch or Kontour
from the free software world. It is free software, distributed under
the terms of the GPL v2.
- is a toolkit for manipulation of graphic images, including conversion
of images between a variety of different formats.
- is an free, easy-to-use paint program for KDE. It aims to be
conceptually simple to understand; providing a level of functionality
targeted towards the average user.
- is a yet another image viewer which solves hopless situation under
displaying a lot of images.
- is a photo collection manager and viewer with content-based search
and many other features.
- is an image viewer for Unix operating systems. It's key features
include single click file viewing, external editor support, thumbnail
preview, and zoom features.
See] - is a simple image viewer based on GTK+ and
running on X Window System. The appearance and interface are similar to
popular image viewer ACDSee.
- is an image viewer, image organizer and image browser for the GNOME
Of Gnome] - is a fast and functional image viewer,
as well as an image cataloging program.
- is an image browser/viewer with a nice filebrowser to select images
to be shown, slideshow support and the ability to display many image
- is a feature-rich image viewer for KDE including an image management
system. It is highly configurable and supports numerous image formats.
- is an image viewer for KDE whose aims are ease of use and speed.
- Quick Image Viewer] - is a very small and pretty
fast gdk/Imlib image viewer.
- is an image viewer for KDE. The difference to the other image viewers
is, that it decodes images with special decoders. You can just write
your own decoder, copy it in the decoders' directory - all done.
- is a utility for viewing and converting graphic files. It is really
simple to use. Support of more than 400 graphics formats. XnView is
free for private non-commercial or educational use (including
- QtVu, pronounced CuteView, is an image viewer for the X Windows
system. It is inspired by ACD System's excellent ACDSee. QtVu is free
software distributed under GPL.
- (mvCM) is a free graphics editor for creating bitmap and vector
animations. It's created using QT under the Linux for Intel. mvCM
allows you to use bitmap together with vector graphics. You can also
combine indexed pictures with true color pictures. Final animation may
be rendered into MVA, FLC, BMP or PNG format. Main idea of mvCM is to
help calculating frames of animation.
Artstream] - The object based power of Artstream
provides simple tools for complex designs. Artstream supplies a concise
and integrated suite of tools, including Mediascape's pioneering
VectorPaint, ShadeGuides and DynaLens technologies, for the composition
of documents with stunning complexity. Artstream compositions have
unlimited layering and resolution.
Cameleo] - is a professional Unix software package,
expert in acquisition (scanners or digital cameras), processing,
retouching, composing, RIPping, lay-out and output (printers, film
recorders, CD recorders and large format printers).
for Linux] - makes it possible for anyone to create
compelling, animated online presentations with ease. Whether you need
to design product demonstrations, software tutorials, online
documentation or e-learning material, Viewlets are the answer.
- The "Persistence of Vision Raytracer" is a high-quality, totally free
tool for creating stunning three-dimensional graphics.
- a new modeller for POVRAY using Troll Tech's Qt. It's distributed
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
3D] - is a free modeller for 3D art. It aims to
support Nurbs- and Beziercurve based modelling. You will soon be able
to create objects using Extrusion, Revolution or Skin-, Sweep-, Soft-
Poly Editor (PPE)] - portable open-source
3D-modeller. It is targetted at 3D games development, and as such,
features OpenGL display and WYSIWYG functionality. It also includes
scripting ability, with full support for Python.
- is a Layout program for GNU/Linux, similar to Adobe PageMaker,
QuarkXPress or Adobe InDesign, except that it is published under the
|[Webdesign] - HTML and
WYSIWYG Editors: AsWedit, August, Bluefish, CoffeeCup, Galway, Amaya,
Quanta Plus, Erwin, ....
|[Linux Pictures - Wallpapers -
Bildschirmhintergruende - Themes - Logos].