- program that connects your Linux workstation to the Internet as
easily as possible.
- is a simple graphical front end to wvdial, licensed under GPL.
- is a graphical implementation of the popular WvDial Intelligent
Dialer. It does away with chat scripts, supports multiple profiles and
makes getting online a breeze.
- provides on-demand Internet connectivity for Linux, giving you
complete automated control over your SLIP or PPP links.
- is a free software under GPL licence which allows you to enter a
phone number and connect to your internet provider under Gnu/Linux. It
is compatible with provider like Aol.
4 Linux] - is a set of kernel modules which are
part of the Linux kernel. In addition, the package isdn4k-utils
contains utilities to make use of ISDN specific features. Here you can
get latest Utility packages.
- Roaring Penguin's PPPoE Software for Linux, NetBSD and Solaris
systems to connect to PPPoE (DSL) service providers.
- ISDN, ADSL & Bluetooth] - Linux drivers
for AVM's products (FRITZ!Cards, Fritz!Box, BlueFRITZ!, ...).
bei AVM] - "Service, Infos & Download fuer
alle Linux-Anwender". Hier finden Sie neueste Treiber, Tools,
Programme, Updates, Entwicklerwerkzeuge, News, Tipps sowie
Informationen zu saemtlichen AVM-Produkten.
PCI 2.0 unter Debian] - Diese Anleitung beschreibt,
wie eine AVM Fritz PCI 2.0 ISDN Karte unter Debian unter Verwendung von
CAPI4Linux in Betrieb genommen werden kann. Angewandt wurde diese
Vorgehensweise unter Woody (Debian 3.0) mit Kernel 2.4.18 sowie Sarge
mit Kernel 2.4.20.
und CAPI4Hylafax - ThePenguin.de Edition] - Die
Ihnen hier vorliegende Version wurde mit dem Ziel erstellt, eine
bessere, sauberere und einfachere Installation zu liefern. Dazu soll
eine erweiterte Dokumentation sowie eine generische Installation fuer
die verschiedenen Versionen von SuSE Linux und die dafuer verfuegbaren
Server] - Mit Hilfe des mtG-CAPRI Servers machen
Sie die Funktionen der ISDN-Karte mit CAPI fuer alle im Netzwerk
vorhandenen Client-PC mit Windows verfuegbar. Diese koennen dann auf
die ISDN-Karte so zugreifen, als haetten sie selbst eine eingebaut.
Also quasi so eine Art KEN!-Server mit Linux.
4 Linux, CAPI 4 Hylafax and Patches (url1)] -
contains the CAPI2.0 driver for linux and usefull information and tools
|[CAPI 4 Linux,
CAPI 4 Hylafax and Patches (url2)] - contains the
CAPI2.0 driver for linux and usefull information and tools for
- is a "Smart Surfer" for Linux. It allows the user to choose the
cheapest ISP at any given moment. It uses pon to connect to the web and
provides a dialog frontend. It is written in Bash and Gawk. ISP
information is retrieved from different providers.
- ist ein Least Cost Router, der den guenstigsten Tarif fuer die
gegebene Zeit berechnet. Der Benutzer wird vor dem Einwaehlen gefragt,
wie lange er vorraussichtlich Online sein moechte, wodurch der Fehler
mit der Einwahl Gebuehr umgangen wird, da diese mit
- ist ein "Smartsurfer" fuer Linux. Das Programm waehlt sich ins
Internet ein und bestimmt die im Moment billigsten Anbieter
für Modem und ISDN ohne Anmeldung mit und ohne Einwahlgebuehr.
- helps you to analyse your PPP- Connections. It summarizes your online
time, transfer volume, and number of connections made to your ISP.
- summarizes average and total transfer volumes, number of connections
and average and total online time for all logged PPP connections.
- is a package for logging and displaying PPP network traffic on Linux
machines. Logging is done via a small shell script which is called
during the ip-up, ip-down and system startup processes and from cron,
while analysis and printing is done by a program written in Python.
- was developed for Linux users that are usually in console mode. It is
a simple, easy to use program for displaying commonly needed / wanted
statistics in real time about ingoing and outgoing TCP/IP traffic that
is usually hard to find, with a simple, efficient interface.
- is a network traffic monitor for Linux that keeps a log of daily
network traffic for the selected interface(s). The traffic information
is analyzed from the /proc -filesystem, so vnStat can be used without
- is a simple ip traffic volume counter which uses linux kernel
iptables to log internet traffic in a highly customizable manner and
includes a cgi interface to display the traffic statistics on a web
- is an open-source web browser, advanced e-mail and newsgroup client,
IRC chat client, and HTML editor -- all your Internet needs in one
Firefox] - (former "Mozilla Firebird") a redesign
of the Mozilla browser component is built with Tab browsing, popup
blocking and a number of other seamless innovations.
Support on Linux (x86)].
and Mozilla Firefox (Linux)].
Flash Player] - allows you to deliver high-
fidelity content consistently regardless of OS and client hardware
- is a browser plugin that uses mplayer to play videos from websites.
This plugin gives Netscape, Mozilla and Konqueror the ability to play
videos off the net.
- is a GNOME Web browser based on gecko (the mozilla rendering engine).
It's fast, it has a light interface, and it is fully
is a Gtk+ Web Browser that embeds Mozilla's rendering component Gecko.
It aims to be light and fast with few dependencies.
- is a GNOME web browser based on the mozilla rendering engine.
Epiphany's principles are simplicity and standards compliance.
- is a browser with gecko engine like Galeon or Epiphany. Kazehakase
features tabbed browsing and remote bookmark (e.g. RSS) in menu or
- is a free, full-featured mozilla-based web-browser and email/news
client targeted at end-users.
- is a mozilla-based web browser written in C, that uses the
- is the Web Browser and File Manager for the K Desktop Environment. It
as Netscape plugins (for example, Flash or RealVideo plugins).
- aims to be a multi-platform browser alternative that's small, stable,
developer-friendly, usable, fast, and extensible. Dillo is a free-SW
project in the terms of the GNU general public license.
Dillo RPMs] - These versions of Dillo have been
modified to add extra features like Frames Support, Tabbed Browsing and
Hack] - Basically this hack is a scaling feature
for dillo, so that it is even more usable on the ipaq.
- is an extensible Internet browser written entirely in the interpreted
object-oriented programming language Python.
- is yet another basic X-windows browser. It supports tables, forms,
and server site image maps.
- Versions 6.0 - 6.2.3 (available in many languages).
- Netscape Browser Versions 7.x (available in many languages).
7.2 installer] - uncompress and install the english
version of Netscape 7.2 online (130 KB).
7.2] - full download of the english version from
Netscape's FTP Server (16,0 MB).
for Linux] - provides you with the speed,
flexibility, features and security that you demand from a Web browser,
while integrating seamlessly into the Linux environment.
Documentation for Opera for Linux] - Software
companies are developing plug-ins at a phenomenal rate, so check back
here frequently to download the latest programs.
full-featured web browser, written entirely in Emacs-Lisp, that
supports all the bells and whistles you will find in use on the web
today, including frames, tables, stylesheets, and much more.
- is the ANTRIK text-mode WWW browser, that comes with many innovative
ideas making it very convenient, and several advanced features are
planned -- the ambition is to create THE ultimate text mode browser.
- is a fully-featured World Wide Web text browser for users running
cursor-addressable, character-cell display devices.
- is a pager and/or text-based browser. It can handle table, cookies,
- is a text WWW browser with tables. Runs on Unix and OS/2.
- is an advanced and well- established feature- rich text mode web
Website Copier] - is a free and easy-to-use offline
browser utility. It allows you to download a World Wide Web site from
the Internet to a local directory, building recursively all
directories, getting HTML, images, and other files from the server to
- is a GTK frontend for for Xavier Roche's "HTTrack Website Copier" for
reading Web pages offline and/or for mirroring Web sites. gHTTrack is
easy to use (no need to remember httrack command-line switches).
- is supposed to download complete Web sites. While it goes, it changes
the original pages, all the links get changed to relative links, so
that you can surf the site in your hard disk without those pesky
- is a simple proxy server with special features for use with dial-up
internet links. This means that it is possible to browse web pages and
read them without having to remain connected.
|FTP-Clients / Download-Manager
- is a network utility to retrieve files from the Web using http and
ftp. It works non-interactively, so it will work in the background,
after having logged off. The program supports recursive retrieval of
web-authoring pages as well as ftp sites. Wget supports proxy servers;
this can lighten the network load, speed up retrieval, and provide
access behind firewalls.
- allows the user to retrieve multiple files from the web. These files
can be retrieved in multiple parts and each part retrieved on a
separate session that the user is connected to the Internet. This is
most useful to users with dialup connections. The program performs this
tasks using wget as it's back-end.
- is a command line resource grabber. It can transfer files through the
http, gopher, finger, and ftp protocols without user interaction. It is
small and fast.
- download utilities suite: ReGet Deluxe and ReGet Junior.
for X] - is an analogue for Linux/Unix of such
famous applications for Windows as ReGet, Go!Zilla and GetRight.
- is a free multithreaded (GUI-) ftp client for *NIX based machines
running X11R6 or later.
- is a command line file transfer program. LFTP supports FTP and HTTP
- is an easy to use FTP Client, but also powerful and fully
configurable in the hand of experienced users.
- Yet Another FTP Client] - is an ftp client
intended to be a replacement for the standard ftp program. Features
include directory cache, remote filename completion, aliases, colored
ls, recursive get/put/ls/rm, nohup mode transfers, tagging (queueing),
background downloading, and more.
Client] - is a set of FREE application programs
implementing the File Transfer Protocol (FTP). NcFTP offers many
ease-of-use and performance enhancements over the stock ftp client.
|Webfilter and Cookie Tools
for Linux] - filters out unwanted informations
contained in Web pages before they are ever loaded. Banner-Ads,
you do not want to reach your PC. Web pages are displayed free of
advertising on your browser. The usage of this version of WebWasher is
free for non-commercial purposes.
- is a free community-based Web navigation service. It works with your
browser to help you navigate the Web faster, safer, and easier. It
helps you navigate faster by blocking ads. It helps you navigate safer
by selectively blocking cookies and "referers", thereby stopping ad
companies and others from tracking your surfing.
|[The V6 Web
Engine] - is a programmable Web Proxy. V6 is to the
Web what pipes are in Unix systems: a compositional device to combine
document processing. The filters may act on the requests emitted by the
browser (or other web client) or on the document returned by a server,
- formerly known as NoShit. WebFilter is a patch to Cern's httpd web
server. This server can act as a proxy. This is commonly used in order
to hop over a security firewall or to implement caching of web pages,
but it can be used to filter the web as well.
- is a web proxy with advanced filtering capabilities for protecting
privacy, filtering web page content, managing cookies, controlling
access, and removing ads, banners, pop-ups and other obnoxious junk. It
is based on the Internet Junkbuster.
- is an advanced HTTP/1.1 proxy server with features designed to
increase privacy and remove unwanted content. It is easy to configure
and manage Middle-man by an intuitive Web interface.
|Mail & News/Usenet
- is a small but very powerful text-based mail client for Unix
operating systems. It is a descendant of ELM, borrowing ideas from
other MUAs, like PINE and Mush.
- a Program for Internet News
& Email - is a text-based Program for
reading, sending, and managing electronic messages.
- (mutt next generation) is a fork of the well-known
email client mutt with the goal to both incorporate all the patches
that are floating around in the web, and to fix all the other little
annoyances of mutt.
- is a graphical Mail User Agent which works in an X11-environment. The
current goals are more or less: easy to use but still powerful,
reliable, should work well in a mobile environment (i.e. on a laptop:-)
and to avoid software bloat.
- is a fully-featured email client that fits nicely into the K Desktop
Environment, KDE. It has features such as support for filters, PGP
privacy, inline attachments, drag and drop support of messages and
attachments and support for multiple pop accounts.
- is a GNOME email client. It supports mbox, maildir, and mh local
mailboxes, and IMAP4 and POP3 remote mailboxes. You can send mail via
sendmail or SMTP. Optional multithreading support allows for
non-instrusive retrieval and sending of mail.
Kontact] - is a Personal Information Management
suite that can be used as client for different groupware servers. It
provides an email client, calendaring, meeting scheduling, a task list,
contact management and syncing functionality by integrating existing
KDE PIM applications.
- is a workgroup information management solution for Linux and
UNIX-based systems. The software seamlessly integrates email,
calendaring, meeting scheduling, contact management, and task lists, in
one powerful, fast, and easy-to-use application.
- is an e-mail client (and news reader), based on GTK+. The appearance
and interface are similar to some popular e-mail clients for Windows.
The interface is also designed to emulate the mailers on Emacsen.
- is an e-mail client (and news reader), based on GTK+, aiming for
quick response, graceful, and sophisticated interface, easy
configuration, intuitive operation, abundant features.
- is designed to bridge all email formats into a single application.
- is a GUI email client for X, written in C++ using the gtkmm widget
- is a highly modularized GTK Mail Client written in Perl. It is a
continuation of the development of the CSCMail project in Perl. Pronto!
is Free Software released under the GPL License.
- is a (commercial) high-performance, scalable, and graphically groovy
internet mail client. It uses the IMAP (IMAP4rev1, IMAP4, and IMAP2bis)
protocol for accessing mail messages on a server.
- is a MIME and multi POP3 server capable mailtool for X11 using the
Xclasses layout library. XCmail was designed completely object
orientated and by this may be improved easily.
- is an X user interface for MH mail. MH provides a set of UNIX
commands that manage folders and mail messages. MH has a zillion
features as a result of several years of availability.
- The design goal was a stable e-mail client with the richness of
usability of Microsoft's Outlook, Qualcomm's Eudora, and Cyrusoft's
- is a redesign of the Mozilla mail component. The goal is to produce a
cross platform stand alone mail client using the XUL user interface
- is a program that allows you to interface different webmail services
(like Yahoo! Mail or Hotmail) with a POP mail client.
- is a Java applet designed to let you read your mail from your home
page. So you can read your mail when there is no mail reader available.
(fetch T-Online webmail)] - laedt E-Mails
automatisiert ueber das Webmail-Interface von T-Online herunter und
leitet diese dann weiter, um sie mit seinem "normalen" Mailprogramm
bearbeiten zu koennen.
(WMS)] - is an OS independent Perl skript that
fetches E-Mail from web-mail accounts and feeds them to the local mail
system. It delivers the mail either to a local SMTP server or stores it
into the Unix spool file.
- is a feature rich Email solution that allows users to access
email-resources via the web or a variety of wireless devices. The
software incorporates a complete email-server package to manage and
host user email at your domain(s).
- is a www-frontend to IMAP/POP3 mailboxes. You can compare it to the
systems Hotmail, YahooMail etc use. It allows a user to access his
mailbox via the www and do most things other mail programs allow to do.
- is a web CGI client for sending and receiving E-mail using Maildir
mailboxes. This is the same webmail server that's included in the Courier mail server,
but packaged independently.
Webmail Client] - IMP is a set of PHP scripts that
implement an IMAP based webmail system. You can use an installation of
IMP to check your mail from anywhere that you have web access.
- is a webmail application written in Perl. It has many features and is
- is a light weight yet full featured multilingual webmail program.
unix mail converter] - This project provides
libraries and applications for the conversion of Outlook and Outlook
Express data files to Linux MBOX format. The flagship of this project
is LibPST which converts Outlook files.
- Co-written by ESR and Rob Landley (as a Python script). It converts
MS-Outlook 97 address book data to work in either GNOME's GnomeCard
contact manager or KDE's abbrowser address book.
- aims to be a generic program for exporting data from Outlook to
various email/pim programs. It can export to the Contact, Calendar and
Task formats of Evolution, plus a number of generic formats supported
by Outlook itself (Rich Text Format, HTML, vCalendar, vCard, iCalendar,
Email Boxes] - Links to directions and programs
that can be used to convert your mailbox from one format to another.
& News Server] - MTAs (Postfix, Exim,
Sendmail, Qmail, Courier), POP3- Server, IMAP- Server, Procmail,
Fetchmail, Getmail, NNTP Server and more.
|[Virus Scanners] - ClamAV,
F-Prot, Antivir, and more. The main purpose of Virus Scanners is the
integration with mail servers (attachment scanning).
- is a mail filter to identify spam. Using its rule base, it uses a
wide range of heuristic tests on mail headers and body text to identify
"spam", also known as unsolicited commercial email.
- is an anti-spam filter, currently effective as both a server-side
agent for UNIX email servers and a developer's library for mail
clients, other anti-spam tools, and similar projects requiring drop-in
- is a fast Bayesian spam filter along the lines suggested by Paul
Graham in his article A
Plan For Spam.
- is a Bayesian spam filter with some advanced features.
- is a Bayesian anti-spam filter. The core code is a message
classifier, however there are several end-user applications
available as part of the SpamBayes project which use the classifier in
- is a procmail- based filter system for electronic mail. Procmail is a
popular and powerful mail- processing program available for nearly all
Unix systems. Junkfilter is configurable on a systemwide or per-user
- is a flexible utility for Unix (-like) operating systems to get rid
of unwanted spam mails, before having to go through the trouble of
downloading them into the local computer. It offers support for one or
many POP accounts.
- is intended to be used in conjunction with a mail retrieval tool like
fetchmail. The concept is to start popsneaker first to clean your
mailaccount and then run fetchmail to download the mails popsneaker
- "Mailfilter Using Regular eXpressions" is a mailfilter
clone with an more object-orientated design and some extra features
mailfilter is lacking of, e.g. AND filter rules.
- is a GPL'd small perl-Script, that uses spamassassin for identifiying
spam on remote POP3 or IMAP- Servers.
- is a short Perl script supposed to run just before fetchmail to
delete email on pop3 server.
- is a POP3/APOP/IMAP4 (with or without SSL) mail retrieval utility. It
features an advanced filtering system based on blacklisting,
whitelisting, or a combination of both.
- is a POP3 mail checker for KDE. It loads mail headers from pop3
servers and you can delete selected mails on servers. KShowmail
supports multiple accounts.
Spam Begone] - (isbg) is a script that makes it
easy to scan an IMAP inbox for spam using SpamAssassin and get your
spam moved to another folder. Unlike the normal mode of deployments for
SpamAssassin, isbg does not need to be involved in mail delivery, and
can run on completely different machines to where your mailbox actually
- is an anti-spam, mail-shaper, delete- on- server software thought for
users who have a dialup connection and are sick and tired of
downloading 1MB a day of spam and Win32-worm-attached messages. Since
now it supports only pop3 accounts, and smtp accounts for complaining.
- is a robust e-mail filter designed to protect Windows clients from
mail-borne viruses and trojans. It has become the leading Milter
worldwide, but MIMEDefang is intended for experienced Linux
- tries to identify email messages infected with the Swen.A worm in
POP3 mailboxes and delete them on the server.
- is an SMTP spam filter with anti-virus capability, and is Mail
Transfer Agent (MTA) independent. This filter software works with
SMTP-based MTAs by filtering the incoming SMTP stream.
Mailguard] - is a web-based management system for
amavisd-new. Written in Perl and PHP, it gives end-users control over
how their mail is processed by virus scanners and spam filters, while
giving mail administrators the power to configure site-wide defaults
|News / Usenet:
- ("s-lang read news") is a newsreader that runs in
console mode. It is highly customizable, allows free key- bindings and
can easily be extended using the sophisticated s-lang macro language.
- is a flexible message reader running under GNU Emacs. It supports
reading and composing both news and mail. In addition, it is able to
use a number of web-based sources as inputs for its groups..
- is a threaded NNTP and spool based newsreader.
Clients] - is a list of many News Clients.
Directory] - category "Newsreaders".
Online] - category "Networking / News".
Server] - NNTP Servers (INN, Leafnode and more).
- lastest versions of the SmsSend program.
SmsSend] - is a user interface to SmsSend.
- is a simple but powerfull front-end to smssend, it will dangerously
speed up youre sms messages per minut ;).
- is a text mode menu- and window-driven ICQ interface.
- is a multi-threaded ICQ clone. It uses an extensive plugin system to
manage many different functions.
- ist das erste verfuegbare freie und sehr portable
ICQ-Konsolen-Programm. mICQ hat eine einfache, aber leicht zu
benutzende Kommandozeilen-Oberflaeche, sehr aehnlich zu der ueblich bei
- is the KDE ICQ client, KXicq2 is written for KDE 2 and KDE 3, but
also works with other Window Managers like Gnome, Window Maker ( with
Docking !) and others.
(Simple Instant Messenger)] - is an unpretentious
- is a free portable Internet Relay Chat client based on the Qt GUI
- is a graphical IRC client UNIX operating systems. It runs under the X
Window System and uses the GTK+ toolkit. Optionally it can be compiled
to use Gnome.
- Alvaro's Messenger, or Another MSN
messenger clone is a clone of the original MSN Messenger,
having the same look and feel.
- is an H.323 compatible video - conferencing and VOIP/IP-Telephony
application that allows you to make audio and video calls to remote
users with H.323 hardware or software (such as Microsoft Netmeeting).
- is a web phone: it let you phone to your friends anywhere in the
whole world, freely, simply by using the internet. Works with the Gnome
Desktop under linux. Nevertheless you can use linphone under KDE.
- is a simple software that will enable you to make free phone calls
anywhere in the world in minutes.
|Webmaster: Webdesign and Tools
- is a comprehensive and easy-to-use HTML and text editor for the X
Window System and Motif. The program offers three independent modes: a
plain text-editing mode and two context-sensitive, validating modes for
the authoring of HyperText Markup Language documents.
- is a free HTML - Editor for Linux and Unix. It's a non-wysiwyg editor
- like Aswedit or Hotdog. It's written with the Tcl/TK scripting
language and graphical toolkit. It's distributed as a single tcl
script, which means that if you know Tcl/Tk you can very easily
customize August yourself.
- is a GTK HTML editor for the experienced web designer or programmer.
Bluefish has extended support for programming dynamic and interactive
websites, there is for example a lot of PHP support.
- is a Web-site creation software for the Linux platform, in the lines
of Netscape Composer and Microsoft FrontPage. You don't need to know
any HTML to create Web pages with GINF.
Plus] - is a web development tool for the K Desktop
Environment. Quanta is designed for quick web development and is
rapidly becoming a mature editor with a number of great features.
- is a complete web browsing and authoring environment and comes
equipped with a "WYSIWYG style" of interface, similar to that of the
most popular commercial browsers.
- is a web editing environment based on Mozilla and its Gecko layout
engine. Its cross- platform architecture makes it available on a wide
variety of platforms.
- is a really really simple html editor. Features: preview rendered
html page, support for html tags, intelligent tag closer, drag'n'drop
support, source highlighting.
- is a Java-based XML editor with support for XML, XSL, TXT, XSD and
DTD documents. oXygen is a commercial product with two different
C Plus Plus] - is a command line utility that takes
your source code, and converts it into an HTML file using a fully
customizable syntax highlighting engine and colour schemes.
HTML-Format] - ist ein leistungsstarker quelltext-
orientierter HTML- Editor, der zu 100% in Java programmiert wurde und
somit betriebssystemuebergreifend einsetzbar ist.
Studio Homepage Builder] - is an easy- to- use all-
in- one software package with intuitive functions and user- assistance
tools such as wizards and templates.
- is a tool to verify links on a set of HTML pages. It can check a
single document, or a set of documents on one or more servers. Checkbot
creates a report which summarizes all links which caused some kind of
warning or error.
- is an industrial-strength link checking and website management tool.
LinkScan is available and professionally supported on all Linux, Unix
and Microsoft Windows platforms.
- is an Open Source Perl program that checks links on web sites. It is
licensed under the Gnu General Public License.
- is a free utility for fixing HTML mistakes automatically and tidy up
sloppy editing into nicely layed out markup.
|File Sharing Tools
& eDonkey] - Overnet uses a completely
decentralized peer to peer network. eDonkey2000 uses the same download
system as Overnet but relies on central servers to search for files.
- Formerly, mldonkey was a Linux client for the eDonkey network, built
from a reverse-engineered version of the protocol. Now, it is also able
to connect to multiple networks (gnutella, Direct-Connect, Soulseek,
Monkey] - is a distributed file sharing program. JM
is for Unix and requires GTK/GLIB 1.2, GNet 1.1, and some other
libraries. Gnome support for Gnome 1.0 and 1.2 is available and using
it is strongly recommended.
- is the set of tools for manipulating eDonkey peer2peer protocol. The
main goal of the project is to provide basic API for the protocol and
to create open source server for eDonkey network.
- is a protocol for distributing files. It is peer- to- peer in nature,
as users connect to each other directly to send and receive portions of
- is a Linux port of eMule client which is based on the eDonkey2000
network, but offers more features than the standard eDonkey client.
- s an easy to use synchronizing fork of the popular eMule client.
Based upon the wxWidgets library and GNU C++, xMule currently supports
GNU/Linux, and *BSD.
- is a frontend for mlDonkey. It is coded in Java (the "j" in the soft
title) and is inspired by well known clients like eDonkey and eMule.
- is short for "another eMule file- sharing program". It is another
fork of the xMule project.
binaryDC] - is an emule and eFarm based system
providing efficient file distribution and community chat.
- is a software tool that enables peer-to-peer file sharing on the
|Server and Admin-Tools
- is a USENET software package designed for small sites running any
flavour of Unix, with a few tens of readers and only a slow link to the
NNTP Server] - is a small news system for small
sites serving perhaps a few dozen newsgroups, and with a slow
connection to the internet.
package (INN)] - is a complete Usenet system. It
includes innd, an NNTP server, and nnrpd, a newsreading server.
- is a comprehensive newsfeeding and newsreading software package that
was originally developed by Matthew Dillon and now run as an open
Servers] - offers a list of many News Servers, NNTP
Caching Servers and News Server Utilities (including the links to their
- ist eine Auflistung vorhandener Newsserver- Software mit einigen
Hinweisen aus Sicht eines interessierten Laien.
- is a message transfer agent (MTA) developed at the University of
Cambridge for use on Unix systems connected to the Internet.
- is a fast, easy to administer, and secure MTA that started life as an
alternative to the widely-used Sendmail program.
Exim] - is a PHP and MySQL based approach to
hosting multiple email domain using Exim. It provides you with a nice
interface to maintain your users and domains.
- is an email content scanner patch for the exim MTA. The exiscan-acl
patch adds content scanning to the exim4 ACL system.
- This web site is maintained by the Sendmail Consortium to be a
resource for the freeware version of sendmail.
- is a secure, reliable, efficient, simple message transfer agent. It
is designed for typical Internet- connected UNIX hosts.
- can be used to create mail-servers, mailing lists, sort your incoming
mail into separate folders, start any programs upon mail arrival, or
selectively forward certain incoming mail automatically to someone.
Filter] - here are some programs to avoid user's
E-mail box to be flooded by unsolicited commercial email
(=Spam) which is flourishing on the Internet.
- is a high-performance interface between mailer (MTA) and content
checkers: virus scanners, and/or SpamAssassin.
Scanners] - ClamAV, F-Prot, Antivir, and more. The
main purpose of Virus Scanners is the integration with mail servers
- is a full-featured, robust, well-documented remote-mail retrieval and
forwarding utility intended to be used over on-demand TCP/IP links.
- is a POP3 mail retriever. getmail is designed to be secure, flexible,
reliable, and easy-to-use. It is intended as a replacement for
Mail Server] - The Courier mail transfer agent
(MTA) is an integrated mail/groupware server based on open commodity
protocols, such as ESMTP, IMAP, POP3, LDAP, SSL, and HTTP. Courier
provides ESMTP, IMAP, POP3, webmail, and mailing list services within a
single, consistent, framework. Individual components can be enabled or
disabled at will.
IMAP Server] - is generally intended to be run on
sealed systems, where normal users are not permitted to log in. The
mailbox database is stored in parts of the filesystem that are private
to Cyrus. All user access to mail is through the IMAP, POP3, or KPOP
protocols. The private mailbox database design gives the server large
advantages in efficiency, scalability, and administratability.
IMAP] - is a well designed, modular IMAP server for
Maildir. Its goals are to be secure, stable, and fast, yet flexible and
easy to maintain.
- Secure IMAP server] - is an IMAP and POP3 server
for Linux/UNIX-like systems, written with security primarily in mind.
- is a tiny POP3 daemon, designed with security as the primary goal.
It's written from scratch by Solar Designer for OWL (Openwall
Gnu/*/Linux). Popa3d can work both in standalone or inetd mode.
- is an RFC1939 and RFC2449 compliant POP3- Server, which is quickly
gaining world- wide recognition. With its' flexible virtual domain
support, Teapop distinguishes itself from other POP3-servers.
- is a server that supports the POP3 protocol for downloading Internet
e-mail from software clients. Qpopper now includes TLS/SSL.
- is a collection of mail-related utilities. Specifically, this package
contains a POP3 server, an IMAP4 server, and a Sieve mail filter.
- is a standards-based webmail package written in PHP4. It includes
built-in pure PHP support for the IMAP and SMTP protocols, and all
compatibility across browsers.
Webmail Client] - Horde / IMP is a set of PHP
scripts that implement an IMAP based webmail system. You can use an
installation of IMP to check your mail from anywhere that you have web
- is a high-performance proxy caching server for web clients,
supporting FTP, gopher, and HTTP data objects. Unlike traditional
caching software, Squid handles all requests in a single, non-blocking,
- is a web proxy with advanced filtering capabilities for protecting
privacy, filtering web page content, managing cookies, controlling
access, and removing ads, banners, pop-ups and other obnoxious junk.
- is a combined filter, redirector and access controller plugin for
Squid. It is free, very flexible, extremely fast, easily installed and
portable. squidGuard has many powerful configuration options.
Configuration Webmin Module] - This module helps
you to configure the SquidGuard filter via Web Interface. It supports
all configuration sections and statements of SquidGuard .
- is an Open Source web content filter. It filters the actual content
of pages based on many methods including phrase matching, PICS
filtering and URL filtering.
Anti-Virus Plugin] - is a GPL addon that takes
Virus Scanning capabilities and integrates them into the content
filtering web proxy DansGuardian.
- is a Perl script that virus scans http downloads request on a UNIX
server after passing through the Squid proxy server.
Redirector] - is a Squid helper Script, to get
Virus scanning for defined Extensions. The Script was tested with
Python, pyclamav, ClamAV and Squid.
- is a transparent ftp proxy, that optionally supports caching (either
through an external http cache or by maintaining a cache locally),
and/or running a virus scanner on downloaded files. It is written with
security in mind.
- is a simple proxy server with special features for use with dial-up
internet links. This means that it is possible to browse web pages and
read them without having to remain connected.
- is a powerful, flexible, highly configurable and freely-available
HTTP (Web) server. The goal is to provide a secure, efficient and
extensible server that provides HTTP services in sync with the current
Webserver] - is a single-tasking HTTP server. The
primary design goals are speed and security. Security in the sense of
"can't be subverted by a malicious user", not "fine grained access
control and encrypted communications".
- (stand for Dublet's HyperTextTranferProtocol Deamon)
is a fast and secure webserver. Started as a toy, growing up to be an
apache killer. Making life easier for admins. Fully featured. Fully
secure. Fully blazing.
- "yet another small httpd". fnord is a small and fast webserver with
CGI-capability. fnord has been written by Felix von Leitner. fnord
supports virtual hosting und runs under tcpserver.
- "tiny/turbo/throttling HTTP server". thttpd is a small, simple,
portable, fast, and secure HTTP server.
- is a small, fast, and powerful multiplatform Open Source web server.
- is an Open Source content management system based on Apache and
MySQL. The system uses PHP as its scripting language.
- is software you run on a server to publish dynamic web sites. It
consists of a web and ftp server, a middle layer which coordinates
getting things into and out of the database, and an object database.
- is a file and print server for Windows - based clients using TCP/IP
as the underlying transport protocol.
NFS] - This document and the included links are for
anyone who needs to become more familiar with NFS.
- is a DNS package by DJ Bernstein that consists of dnscache (a caching
DNS resolver), tinydns (a DNS server), pickdns (a load-balancing DNS
server), walldns (a reverse DNS wall), axfrdns (an implementation of an
area transfer server), a few DNS clients and troubleshooting tools.
djbdns separates the resolver and the server, which provides enhanced
security and flexibility.
- (Berkeley Internet Name Domain) is an implementation of the Domain
Name System (DNS) protocols and provides an openly redistributable
reference implementation of the major components of the Domain Name
System, including: a Domain Name System server (named), a Domain Name
System resolver library, tools for verifying the proper operation of
the DNS server.
- is a package that implements the Domain Name Service. MaraDNS is
intended for environments where a DNS server must be secure and where
the server must use the absolute minimum number of resources possible.
The code uses a special string library which is resistant to buffer
overflows. The code, if started as root, mandates running as an
unprivledged user in a chroot() jail.
- is designed to provide DNS and, optionally, DHCP, to a small network.
Dnsmasq is targeted at home networks using NAT and connected to the
internet via a modem, cable-modem or ADSL connection but would be a
good choice for any small network where low resource use and ease of
configuration are important.
- is a modern, advanced and high performance authoritative-only
nameserver. It is written from scratch and conforms to all relevant DNS
standards documents. The PowerDNS Nameserver utilizes, a flexible
backend architecture can access DNS information from any data source.
This includes file formats, Bind zone files, relational databases or
- does not aim to be a complete name server such as BIND. It is
optimized for caching, and you can only specify a small subset of all
dns record types pdnsd knows in your local "zone" definitions. This of
course reduces the code size drastically, and such the memory
footprint. There are some features especially interesting for dialin
networks and computers that are often not connected to to their network.
Synchronization Server] - The Network Time Protocol
(NTP) is used to synchronize the time of a computer client or server to
another server or reference time source, such as a radio or satellite
receiver or modem.
- gleicht die interne Uhr eines Linux-Servers bzw. einer Workstation
kontinuierlich mit Zeitservern im Internet ab. Es ist moeglich, dass
alle im Netzwerk befindlichen PCs sich mit dieser Zeit abgleichen.
- is an easy-to-use, robust, and highly configurable SSL VPN (Virtual
Private Network) daemon which can be used to securely link two or more
private networks using an encrypted tunnel over the internet.
- is an Open Source implementation of IPsec for Linux. It is a code
fork of the FreeS/WAN
project, started by a few of the developers who were growing frustrated
with the politics surrounding the FreeS/WAN project.
- stands for "Virtual Network Computing". It is a remote display system
for a wide variety of machine architectures.
- is an enhanced version of VNC, which includes a lot of new features,
improvements, optimizations and bugfixes over the original VNC version.
- is a free implementation of Telnet and SSH for Win32 and Unix
platforms, along with an xterm terminal emulator.
for Windows] - is a free package that installs a
minimal OpenSSH server and client utilities in the Cygwin package
without needing the full Cygwin installation.
- is enabling you to mount into your file hierarchy a remote computer's
file system, which is accessible by various means (ftp, ssh, etc.).
Then, the access to the remote files will be completely network
- The "(Secure) SHell FileSystem Linux kernel module" is a simple and
easy to use Linux kernel (2.4) module which allows you to mount remote
filesystems using plain shell (ssh/rsh) connection.
- is a GPL licensed FTP server for UNIX systems, including Linux. It is
secure and extremely fast. It is stable.
- is a free (GPL), secure, production-quality and standard-conformant
FTP server based upon Troll-FTPd.
- is designed to be as secure as an anonymous FTP server can possibly
be. It runs as non-root for most of the time, and uses the Unix
chroot() command to hide most of the systems directories from external
users - they cannot change into them even if the server is totally
- is a new FTP server that strives to be secure, simple, and efficient.
None of the commands can cause execution of other programs, and the
normal model of execution does a chroot to the logged in user's
directory immediately after authentication.
- Open Source Napster Server
is a server for connecting the clients together. With Napster, the
files stay on the client machine, never passing through the server. The
server provides the ability to search for particular files and initiate
a direct transfer between the clients.
- is a peer-to-peer server, based on eDonkey protocol which offers
optimized functionnalities for eMule clients. eFarm is based on module
system which offers to developers the ability to write a specified
module for other peer-to-peer networks.
- is a commercial host and service monitor designed
to inform you of network problems before your clients, end-users or
managers do. When problems are encountered, the daemon can send
notifications out to administrative contacts in a variety of different
ways (email, instant message, SMS, etc.).
- is a visual, fast, and integrated ping, whois, and traceroute program
that automatically analyzes connectivity problems, displaying the
results on a World map. When configured as a Server, VisualRoute
provides visual trace route services to clients.
Probe] - This free network monitor and protocol
analyzer gives you an instant picture of the traffic situation on your
network and enables you to monitor network traffic in real time, hunt
down, identify, and isolate traffic problems and congestions on your
- is a graphical network monitor for Unix modeled after etherman.
Featuring link layer, ip and TCP modes, it displays network activity
graphically. It supports Ethernet, FDDI, Token Ring, ISDN, PPP and SLIP
- is a web-based interface for system administration for Unix. Using
any browser that supports tables and forms (and Java for the File
Manager module), you can setup user accounts, Apache, DNS, file sharing
and so on.
- is a sophisticated administration system. It lets you manage Boot and
boot services, Date & time, DNS, Email (sendmail), File systems
and file services, Firewalls, Network connectivity, User accounts, UUCP.
DNS Clients for UNIX/Linux] - this clients
simplifies the process of updating the IP in a Dynamic DNS system (see [DynDNS] for
|[Security Tools] -
Firewall, PGP/GnuPG, Anti-Virus, etc.
Server and Tools].