- was created in the Summer of 1999 to promote the use of Linux as an
educational and entertainment platform for children. This site is
available in English, Français, Español,
- is a non-profit organization dedicated to producing and promoting
quality educational software released under Free-Software or other OSI
Source Education Foundation] - The OSEF exists to
enhance K-12 educational opportunities through the use of technologies
and concepts derived from the Open Source and Free Software movement.
Research and development of hardware and software solutions for use in
educational settings is the organization's primary focus.
- Schoolforge's mission is to unify independent organizations that
advocate, use, and develop open resources for primary and secondary
education. Schoolforge is intended to empower member organizations to
make open educational resources more effective, efficient, and
ubiquitous by enhancing communication, sharing resources, and
increasing the transparency of development.
Ghostview and GSview] - Home Page for Ghostscript,
an interpreter for the PostScript language and for PDF, and related
software and documentation.
Reader download page].
Translator] - kommerzieller Wortuebersetzer mit ca.
120.000 Woertern Englisch-Deutsch, Deutsch-Englisch und mit ca. 35.000
Woertern Franzoesisch-Deutsch, Deutsch-Franzoesisch .
- is a Dictionary lookup program for the X window system. It comes with
a German-English Dictionary with approximately 135,000 entries. It has
many configuration options, such as search preferences, interface
language (English or German), colors.
- offers you an easy way to rename hundreds of files in one go, giving
you as much freedom you need.
- is a UN*X text replacement utility. It will replace strings with new
strings in multiple text files.
|[Linux ISO Images].
Manpages] - in many languages.
- big list of linux software for chemistry.