- Sound- & MIDI Software for Linux.
- Sound/Audio Section].
CCRMA] - is a collection of software packages that
you can add to a computer running RedHat or Fedora Core to transform it
into an audio/ video oriented workstation.
Music Vault] - is a GNU/Linux streaming music
server & jukebox that presents a pretty interface to a CD music
- This MP3-Player has most of the features as winamp from Windows
95/98/NT, but it will of course feature some specials only available
for the linux version.
- mp3 player, thats interface is entirely text based. Just like any
graphical mp3 player, there are cd-style buttons like play, stop,
pause, next track, etc.
- is a simple, but powerful audio player that supports MP3, Ogg/Vorbis,
WAV and Audio CD playback, with a powerful music browser, theme support
and a download manager. Zinf is based on the FreeAmp source code.
- is a real time MPEG Audio Player for Layer 1,2 and Layer3. (MPEG 2.0
with Layer1/2 not heavily tested) Tested with Linux, FreeBSD,
SunOS4.1.3, Solaris 2.5, HPUX 9.x and SGI Irix.
- for Linux/Unix.
- is to create Real Media files.
Community] - is a collaborative effort among Real,
independent developers, and leading companies to extend the Helix DNA
platform, the first open multi-format platform for digital media
creation, delivery and playback. The Helix DNA platform is comprised of
the following: Helix DNA Client / Helix Player, Helix DNA Producer,
Helix DNA Server, RealAudio and RealVideo codecs.
- is the most advanced audio player for KDE, with features reaching far
beyond what other players provide today. And yet it is easy to use, and
simply looks cool. Key Features in amaroK: support for Media
Application Server, automatic album cover download, playlist- browser,
wizard for easy configuration, integrated CD-burning support using K3B
and much more.
Jukebox] - is an open source MP3 jukebox that is
perfect for home, office or car use.
- is a frontend to amp, the mp3 player by Tomislav Uzelac.
- is a multi-platform music player with normal music player abilities,
multi-user support, integrated web server, and a powerful auto-play
- first of all MPlayer is a movie player. But MPlayer also plays most
audio formats like: MP3, AC3 / A52, ASF / WMV / WMA, RealAudio, Ogg
- is an integrated music management application, originally inspired by
Apple's iTunes. It is free software, designed to work well under the
GNOME Desktop, and based on the powerful GStreamer media framework.
- allows the construction of graphs of media-handling components,
ranging from simple mp3 playback to complex audio (mixing) and video
(non-linear editing) processing. Applications can take advantage of
advances in codec and filter technology transparently.
- is a front-end to various audio players, including mpg123, ogg123,
and xmp. GQmpeg also works with mpg321. It includes playlist support,
skins (themes), and is very configurable.
- interfaces with radio cards through the video4linux, or the FreeBSD
bktr APIs. Stations can be tuned manually, set to presets, or auto seek
can find the next available frequency. The application supports theming
(skins), and includes a built-in skin editor.
- is a new type of PCM player, that has some very interesting features
unique to Linux/Unix players. The goal is to create a fully pluggable
framework for playback of all sorts of media with the focus on PCM
- are several Ogg Vorbis Tools. vorbis-tools
contains oggenc (an encoder), ogg123 (a playback tool), ogginfo
(displays ogg information), vcut (ogg file splitter), and vorbiscomment
(ogg comment editor).
- originally stood for LAME Ain't an Mp3 Encoder.
But now LAME is the source code for a fully LGPL'd MP3 encoder, with
speed and quality to rival all commercial competitors.
Vorbis] - is a completely open, patent-free,
professional audio encoding and streaming technology with all the
benefits of Open Source.
- is a frontend program to cdparanoia, wget, cd-discid, id3, and your
favorite Ogg/Vorbis, MP3, FLAC or Ogg/Speex encoder (defaults to
oggenc). Grabs an entire CD and converts each track to Ogg/Vorbis, MP3,
FLAC or Ogg/Speex, then comments or ID3-tags each file, with one
- are GPL'd utilities designed to provide the user with a simple way of
recording or playing raw audio data from or to their sound card under
intel Linux. rawrec reads raw audio data from a
digital signal processor (DSP) and writes it to the given file, or to
standard output if no file is given. rawplay reads
raw audio data from the given file, or from standard input if no file
is given, and writes it to a DSP.
- is a stream directory browser. It offers an intuitive and unified
interface to various streaming directories through the use of a plugin
- enables you to record audio from (for example) gramophone records,
process the signal and listen to the results. The user interface of
GramoFile has a windows-like look-and-feel, making it fairly easy to
- is an Open Source (GPL) application that lets you record streaming
mp3 to your hard drive.
- "Simple Console-based Audio Recorder" is a
console-based utility for recording sound.
- is an audio editor and live playback tool for GNU/Linux, BSD and
compatible systems. It supports many music and voice formats including
WAV, AIFF, Ogg Vorbis, Speex and MP3, with multichannel editing and
LADSPA effects plugins.
- is a music tracking tool for Unix / X11 similar in design to the DOS
program FastTracker and the Amiga legend ProTracker. Samples can be
lined up on tracks and patterns which are then arranged to a song.
Supported module formats are XM and MOD.
- is a little program that serves to compose elektronic music
minimalistic. Has some different modules and equalizer. Records to hard
disc, or outputs to /dev/dsp. Serves as looper, synthesizer or sampler.
- used to be called Keynote. It is a programming language and graphical
user interface for MIDI, useful for both algorithmic and realtime
- is a software package designed for multitrack audio processing.
- is an utility for viewing, editing and writing tags of your MP3, MP2,
FLAC and OGG files.
- is a command line utility to split mp3 and ogg files selecting a
begin and an end time position, without decoding. Supports VBR mp3.
- is a command line MPEG audio/video/system file toolbox. mpgtx can
currently split and join MPEG 1 video files and most MPEG audio files.
- CD, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW Writer
Software for Linux. It combines command line tools like "cdrecord" and
"mkisofs" into a nice graphical user interface.
- is a GUI frontend to the cd recording programs cdrdao and cdrecord.
It's aim is to provide a very user friendly interface to all the tasks
that come with cd recording.
- is a gui for mkisofs / mkhybrid / cdda2wav / cdrecord / cdlabelgen.
It's written in C and it uses the GTK+ widget set.
- is a program that allows you to master CDs with mkisofs and cdrecord
programs. It can create multisession CD, bootable CD, supports blanking
Toaster] - is a cd creation suite for Linux and
FreeBSD. Thought to be as user-friendly as possible it lets you create
cd recordables with just a few simple mouse clicks.
- is a graphical frontend for "mkisofs", "cdrecord", "cdrdao" and
"cdparanoia". It will burn audio, data, bootable, and combo CDs. It can
burn iso, xcd or cue/bin files. It can rip audio and data tracks, and
- Cdrecord allows you to create CD's on a
CD-Recorder. Cdrecord-ProDVD supports CD-R(W),
DVD-R and DVD-RW with all known DVD- writers. Version 2.01a11 and newer
support DVD+R/DVD+RW in addition.
- records audio or data CD-Rs in disk-at-once (DAO) mode based on a
textual description of the CD contents (toc-file). Features include
full control over length and contents of pre-gaps (pause areas between
- is an open-source GPL'ed program for recording audio tracks digitally
(CDDA) from compact disc drives or burners into wav files.
- is a Compact Disc Digital Audio (CDDA) extraction tool, commonly
known on the net as a »ripper«.
- is a GTK program to rip CD audio and encode mp3s. It can rip and
encode in parallel and has plugins for cdparanoia, BladeEnc, Lame,
GoGo, FHG (l3enc and mp3enc), XingMp3enc, 8hz-mp3, and the ISO encoder.
It also has support for CDDB and ID3 tags.
- is a gtk-based cd-player and cd-ripper. It has the ripping
capabilities of cdparanoia builtin, but can also use external rippers
(such as cdda2wav). It also provides an automated frontend for MP3
encoders, letting you take a disc and transform it easily straight into
- is an easy to use WYSIWYG CD cover printer with CDDB support. You
have the ability to enter title, contents, set colors for background,
text, embed images, ... You can even stream title and tracks from CDDB
into this little app.
- Produce covers for audio cds. It scans audio cds and uses information
from the cddb database to build a back and front cover for the cd. The
cover is output is in Latex, Dvi, Pdf or Postscript.
- is a file reorganizer and CD creator, especially suited for the
creation of MP3 archive CD`s.